About the Camp
Away from hustle and bustle of hectic daily lives of city dwellers, away from the polluted streets and crowded corners of plains, tucked in between the commercialized tourist destinations of Nainital and Corbett, lies Camp Milieu in Ghatgarh in Utttarakhand.
Enjoy tranquillity, breathe in fresh air, explore the forest treasure trove or simply unwind in the mountains. Camp Milieu provides you with the ideal surrounding to experience the forest.
For those enthralled by nature, get thrilled as you catch a glimpse of the rare Great Hornbill or follow trails of the tiger. Comfortable and safe dwelling options in mud huts along with hygienically cooked food, entertainment in the evenings by alarm calls of Sambhar and Barking deer and warm hospitality will make your trip surely memorable.
Why Stay at Camp Milieu?
When you choose Camp Milieu, you get much more than your money’s worth:
- Enjoy watching and photographing more than 100 species of birds that visit campus of the camp milieu with more than 40 species on studio set up
- Ample time for you to absorb the surroundings, enjoy, relax and rejuvenate
- Diverse opportunities to interact informally with local communities
- All the local site seeing and tourist activities, and much more besides
At Camp Milieu, we care for your safety and comfort. When you choose Camp Milieu, you get much more than your money’s worth. Camp Milieu has 4 Mud Huts with thatched roof and eco-friendly furnishing, from where you can get a panoramic view of the valley and feel nested in the dense forest.
Food & Drink
At your best interest, hygienically cooked quality food of a variety will leave you lip smacking. During the stay we ensure:
- Regional delicacies & palatable Kumaoni meals in camp
- Bottled mineral water (extra charge)/filtered water throughout the stay.
Air conditioned vehicles are hired to pick you up from the Kathgodam/Ramnagar/Delhi railway station or Delhi Airport stay with you all along the trip until you get dropped back to the rail head again in Kathgodam/Ramnagar at the end of your tour (Chargeable).
One open top gypsy is also available at the camp for comfortable birding/bird photography at various trails.
A documentary on wildlife or local culture/customs/rituals can be played at dining area of the camp on request. Visit festivities/fairs if they happen during your tour.
Best Hours of Pleasure
- October to May (Temperature varies between 50-350C)
* Camp remain close during peak rainy season i.e. from first week of July till last week of September